Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

New Pictures Below!

We took Mattie Anne to the pumpkin patch! It was so much fun. We went with our new friends Andy and Sasha Peck. Andy took better pics and as soon as I get some those from him, I'll post them.

Last week was pretty uneventful. I went to work 4 days, still taking Mattie Anne with me. It didn't wear on me as much as I thought it would, but needless to say, I was looking forward to the weekend. Friday night we went out to eat with Clark and Rachel Richardson. We went to a nice Mexican restaurant; it was a lot of fun! Mattie Anne just tagged along and was very well behaved (she slept)! Saturday morning I had a baby shower for Sara Gordon, a friend from church. It was so nice! Then Saturday afternoon was our trip to the Weston Red Barn Farm! That is where the pumpkin patch is. They have an apple orchard and a pumpkin patch, but we pretty much went there for pictures of Mattie Anne!

Our jogging is going steadily, I don't think Matt hates it as much as he used to. I had to cut back a little bit because my knees started bothering me, we think it is from IT band syndrome...which is an over use injury. Pretty much we think I did too much too fast. I started jogging 2 weeks ago and I kept wanting to see how far I could go, well I went 3 miles for the first time probably since high school and was really excited and kept doing 2-3 miles depending on how much time we had (we usually have to squeeze it in). My knees would be a little stiff in the mornings, but nothing too bad, they never hurt when I jogged. Then last Thursday, we didn't have anything else going on and we had done 3 miles and I wanted to keep going just to see if I could do another. Matt stopped because Mattie Anne was getting a little fussy. I went another mile and checked with Matt to see if he cared if I try to do another, he didn't so I kept on trucking. I decided to stop after 5 miles, I was pretty happy with that because I don't think I had ever jogged that far. Well, the next morning my knees were a little more than sore and they continued to hurt when I jogged. I talked to Mrs. Brenda and looked up some of my symptoms and it seems that IT band syndrome is common especially when you over do it. So, I am going to try some stretches and cutting down a little bit. I guess best of all I have found something that I really enjoy. I think that it would be fun to train to do a half marathon. Matt isn't so excited about that idea but is willing to do it with me. I would love to start now but the training schedule is 16 weeks and that would be straight through the winter and I would rather run outside than on a treadmill. The winter in KC can be brutal (especially for us Mississippians) so I think at times running outside would be hard.

Funny story....
This morning I wasn't going to work because I had to take Mattie Anne in for her shots. I had already let them know at work that I wouldn't be in and possibly tomorrow depending on how Mattie Anne did. I set it up with the childcare center that she would start Wednesday. So, I got up this morning and got dressed, and I got the paper out that had the time of her appointment because I forgot to write the time on the calendar. Well, it definitely said Oct. 29 at 10:15. Today is the 22nd...I wrote it on everything wrong. I remember discussing with the nurse the time and day of the week that would be best, I guess that I thought we were talking about the Monday that she turned 8 weeks and she was talking about the Monday after she was 2 months. Oh well, I'm excited I have one more week to spend the day with her! I may even do some work at home this week so I can spend a little more time at home with her. Well, she is waking up for her afternoon meal, I better go feed her!

More Pictures of the Pumpkin Patch:


Weston Red Barn Farm
Slideshows and scrapbooks - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own slide shows and scrapbooks

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It looks like ya'll are having fun! I am very impressed that you are taking her with you to work! I know that makes it easier on you to know that she is ok! We can't wait to meet her!