Friday, October 26, 2007

Sleeping Beauty





You may wonder why I have posted all the precious pictures of Mattie Anne sleeping. Well we have really good news! Mattie Anne is sleeping through the night! I didn't want to say anything at first because who knew if it would continue, but we have gone all week! I know that doesn't mean that it will continue and she will never wake me up again, but I think it is a nice start. I started working with her on this last weekend. My book said that when she wakes up to wait a little while before getting her and see if she will fall back to sleep. We started that last Friday and after a few days she was waking up during the night but going back to sleep within 10 mins or so and the past few nights she has woken up but no crying! So, I guess that doesn't actually qualify as completely sleeping through the night...but really really close! This morning she woke up around 5:00 for maybe 5 mins and went back to sleep and I actually had to wake her up at 6:00! She is sleeping between 7.5 and 8 hours so that means I'm usually getting around 6.5 to 7. I am very happy with that, especially since I will be starting back full-time at work in the next week or two.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is great that she is sleeping through the night! I have read BabyWise and the Baby Whisperer, and I hope they work for us!!

We like your new ministry links...we listen to Piper and MacArthur. Our preacher is really good friends with John MacArthur, and he was at our church a couple of weeks ago.